PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH


Sunday, November 1, 2009

I haven't written much about M. the past two weeks which is terrible because it's the last two weeks of the book, "The Story of M" out just in time for Christmas.

Personal health reasons are to blame. I haven't been in the best frame of mind to focus on the daily jest of M. though she has been as wonderful and as hilarious as always. She's really gone out of her way to make me laugh and feel comfortable, especially the week gone by. Just listen to the recently uploaded interview. She is absolutely on top of her game.

It was M.'s birthday a few weeks ago, so I bought her a card and a coffee cup to celebrate. In the card, I wrote the following quote which I stole from the BBC version of "The Office." I stole it because it perfectly sums out how I feel about M., and how much she adds to my day at work. She found out I cheated and pointed out how terrible it was that I used another person's voice to express myself. To make up for it, I gave her a poorly crafted homemade card with my own words written inside.

Here are the copied words that I felt originally hit the mark:


“The people you work with are people you were just thrown together with. You don’t know them, it wasn’t your choice. And yet you spend more time with them than you do your friends or your family, but probably all you’ve got in common is the fact that you walk around on the same bit of carpet for eight hours a day. And so, obviously, when someone comes in who you have a connection with- yeah... you are a ray of sunshine in my life..."



Happy Birthday, M.
Thank you for being you.

- Jake =)




No comments:

Post a Comment